A girl in Lengthy Island has filed a lawsuit towards Samsung after her Galaxy Note 9
caught fireplace inside her purse, the New York Post
The report brings again ill-fated recollections of the Samsung Galaxy Word 7, which was infamously recalled twice and discontinued merely weeks after it was launched attributable to its exploding battery.
Samsung Galaxy Word 9 Catches Hearth
Diane Chung, an actual property agent primarily based in Lengthy Island, was within the elevator of a Bayside constructing on September third when her new Galaxy Word 9 “turned extraordinarily sizzling” after use, reveal the authorized paperwork. Consequently, she stopped utilizing the telephone and put it inside her purse.
Chung mentioned she then “heard a whistling and screeching sound, and she or he seen thick smoke” popping out of her purse.
In line with the lawsuit filed to the Queens Supreme Courtroom, Chung tried to empty the purse’s contents on the ground however within the course of, she burned her fingers whereas making an attempt to the touch the Samsung telephone that had caught fireplace. The second the doorways of the elevator opened, Chung kicked the burning handset out of the elevator. Nonetheless, the system didn’t cease burning till a passerby picked it up with a material and positioned it right into a bucket of water, the newspaper experiences.
Chung calls the expertise “traumatic” in her lawsuit, including that the fireplace left her unable to contact shoppers and ruined every little thing in her bag. She is in search of unspecified damages and a restraining order barring the gross sales of any Galaxy Word 9.
Mockingly, the incident comes barely a month after DJ Koh, head of Samsung’s cell enterprise had promised customers the batteries on the brand new Galaxy Word 9 are “safer than ever” and it goes “effectively above and past the trade commonplace.”
Commenting on the incident, a spokesperson for Samsung instructed the New York Submit that “Samsung takes buyer security very significantly and we stand behind the standard of the hundreds of thousands of Galaxy units in use in the US. We now have not obtained any experiences of comparable incidents involving a Galaxy Word 9 system and we’re investigating the matter.”