Whether you’ve got a laptop with a tiny screen or a desktop with a giant monitor, your computer’s fonts may be too small to read comfortably. Or, conversely, they could be larger than you need. Fortunately, you don’t have to invest in a new pair of glasses. Whether you have a PC or a Mac, you can easily adjust the text size either for the entire operating system or just for particular parts of the interface. The methods vary based on your operating system and how much fiddling you want to do.
1. Right click on the desktop and select Display settings.
2. Slide the “Change the size of text, apps…” to the right to make text bigger. Or slide it to the left to make them smaller. The slider moves in increments of 25 percent. You can increase the size up to 175 percent.
You’ll notice the size of text change right away, but you won’t see everything get bigger (or smaller) until you reboot or log in and out. If you’re happy with the text size, you can stop here. However, if you want to try custom scaling increments or adjust the font size of particular UI elements (ex: the title bars, the icons), continue with step 3.
3. Click “Advanced Display Settings” at the bottom of the settings window.
4. Click “Advanced sizing of text and other items” at the bottom of the window.
A screen with several display choices appears. From here you can choose to either A.) Set a custom scaling percentage (ex: 115 percent) or B.) Tweak the font size of specific elements such as the Menus and Icons.
5a. Click “set a custom scaling level” under Change size of items.
A pop-up window appears with a little ruler in it. Click on the percentage box, type in a number and click Ok. Test out different sizes until you find one you like.
5b. Select the UI element you want to change, pick a font size and check “Bold” if you want the letters bolded. Repeat these steps as necessary for the Title bars, Menus, Message boxes, Palette titles, Icons and Tool tips.
6. Click Apply. Windows will either make you wait or ask you to sign out and sign back in (in the case of scaling) before you see the changes.
For any question or complain drop your message at Post Comment box and we will reply within short period of time.
Don’t forget to share this post with your friends and families by clicking share button or our social media icons (facebook, twitter, instagram, whatsapp etc)